In the month of January, Pitch In For Baseball & Softball is partnering with professional softball player Aleshia Ocasio to help more girls have the opportunity to play softball.
Ocasio, a standout player for Athletes Unlimited and advocate for social justice, is encouraging people to donate their new or lightly-used softball gear to PIFBS throughout the month. This donated equipment will be distributed by PIFBS to leagues and schools who are most in need.
To encourage donations, anyone who drops off, or ships, usable softball gear to PIFBS before Feb. 1 will have a chance to win a Wilson A2000 infield glove signed by Ocasio, and a 2021 DeMarini fastpitch bat (31”, 21 oz). Every additional piece of equipment donated increases your chance to win.
Monetary donations are greatly appreciated, and donors who contribute $15 or more to PIFBS will also be eligible for the prizes. Each $15 increment will count as an additional entry, meaning that someone who donates $30 will have two chances to win, $45 = 3 chances to win, etc.
We are most in need of softballs, softball gloves, helmets, and catcher’s gear, but we welcome a wide variety of softball equipment in usable condition.
Whether dropping off, shipping, or donating money, we ask that donors specify that they are contributing to Aleshia Ocasio’s softball drive in the comments or description section, or through emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note: all drop-offs must be scheduled 48 hours in advance here. Drop-offs can be made at our headquarters in Warminster, PA, or at our Los Angeles warehouse.
The prize winner will be announced by Ocasio on her Twitter and Instagram channels on Feb. 1, and will then be contacted by PIFBS.
PIFBS helps eliminate barriers by offering equipment grants to schools and communities in need throughout the world, delivering baseball and softball equipment that will allow more kids to enjoy the benefits that the game provides. Since its creation in 2005, PIFBS has helped nearly 1 million children get on the field.
How to Help:
Schedule a Drop Off: https://pifbs.org/how-to-help/sending-equipment-to-us/schedule-a-drop-off/
Make a Monetary Donation: https://pifbs.org/lp/donate-money/
Ship It: Please review our shipping policies here. Items can be sent to:
Pitch In For Baseball & Softball
21 Bon Air Drive
Warminster, PA 18974
Pitch In For Baseball & Softball
c/o Dart Warehouse Corporation
1430 South Eastman Ave.
Los Angeles, CA 90023
- To be entered to win the Aleshia Ocasio autographed Wilson glove and DeMarini fastpitch bat (31”, 21 oz), donations must be made between 12:00 AM Eastern Time on Monday, January 11th and 11:59 PM EST on Sunday, January 31st.
- Equipment must be in usable condition. Usable is defined as meeting our safety standards for inclusion into our inventory (i.e. a helmet without padding would not be included).
- For shipment donations, equipment must be shipped prior to January 31st.
- For drop-off donations, all drop-offs MUST be scheduled at least 48 hours in advance, and must take place in January for eligibility. We are not able to accept walk-ins at this time due to COVID-19 safety precautions.
- Each piece of usable equipment donated grants you one chance to win.
- For monetary donations, each increment of $15 donated grants you one chance to win.