How It Works
Pitch In For Baseball & Softball has helped over 800,000 boys and girls around the world play baseball and softball. We will work with just about anyone who wants to give kids the joy of baseball/softball.
We only have two criteria to assess eligibility:
- The program must serve economically disadvantaged kids (18 and under)
- Should your group be awarded an equipment grant, you must be able to cover the cost of shipping and related customs/taxes/fees (international projects)
We provide all the necessary equipment that you need to expand or begin your program. However, often times we have limited quantities of the most in demand items (balls, gloves, etc.). Additionally, PIFBS does not fulfill any requests for pitching machines, netting, or field maintenance equipment. We will do our best to fulfill your application to the best of our abilities but it is dependent upon our inventory levels throughout the year.
Things we don’t support:
- Competitive travel teams (PIFBS defines travel teams as those focused on attending tournaments regularly throughout the season – especially tournaments focused on showcases, scouting, etc. We reserve the right to decline applicants who do not fit our mission of helping children in under-resourced communities.)
- Programs for adults
- Individual families/children
Please note, we are currently asking any group applying for 2020 assistance to postpone submitting an application. PIFBS will be collecting 2020 applications starting in November. Contact Steve Bizon with any questions.
- Equipment Grant Application (U.S.)
- School Equipment Grant Application
- International Equipment Grant Application