About 60% of the equipment PIFBS has available to give to groups in need comes from the amazing efforts of the volunteers (mostly kids) who collect gear on our behalf all around the US and Canada each year.
To start a collection:
- Register your project/collection here
- Create a fundraising page. There may be people who want to support your project but don’t have equipment to give. A fundraising page allows everyone to join in the fun.
- Get the word out. Download useful, customizable materials (signage, flyers, etc.) here. Send PIFBS a blurb and we’ll post it on our social media.
- Collect equipment.
- Take pics of yourself or make a video with your gear
- Get it to PIFBS. You can either drop off or ship to us.
Although all equipment is accepted, the things PIFBS needs the most are:
- Baseballs and softballs
- Gloves (RH/LH) 11” or larger
- BBCOR and USA Baseball Standard bats
- Catcher’s gear
We have lots of customizable tools and templates to help you. Click here to access our Toolkit.
If you’ve already collected equipment and want information on how to get it to PIFBS, click here.