September 1, 2020 | 2020 Events Media & News Stories
Pitch In For Baseball & Softball needs your help to fill up our warehouse and help more kids get on the field. As a thank you for your support, anyone who donates to PIFBS from September 1st through November 30th will be entered to win a special prize pack, featuring a baseball signed by Jean Segura of the Philadelphia Phillies. The winner will also receive a Wilson A2000 Glove of the Month, and a DeMarini BBCOR Wood Bat.
As PIFBS prepares for the 2021 seasons, we are especially in need of baseballs and softballs, softball gloves, helmets, and catchers gear, but we accept a wide variety of new or lightly used baseball and softball equipment. These donations help fulfill equipment grant requests from schools and community leagues all over the world in need of assistance.
Anyone who ships equipment, delivers it in-person to our Harleysville, PA or Los Angeles warehouses, or donates funds at any point from September 1st through November 30th will be entered to win the prize pack.
All drop-offs must be scheduled at least 48 hours in advance. We are not able to accept walk-ins at this time.
The prize pack will include:
- Jean Segura autographed baseball
- Wilson A2000 August 2019 Glove of the Month (11.75”)
- DeMarini BBCOR Wood Bat (31”)
- PIFBS Swag (t-shirt, water bottle, smart phone wallet, clear tote bag)
The winner will be contacted and announced on our social media channels during the month of December.
Now more than ever, your donations are crucial to giving kids the chance to play baseball and softball.
In light of COVID-19, new safety protocols are in place for leagues who have resumed play, requiring each child to have his or her own equipment to use in order to limit the spread of the virus. Many families are already taxed by the economic fallout of the pandemic, and can not afford to provide new equipment for their children to participate.
PIFBS offers equipment grants to schools and communities in need, delivering baseball and softball equipment that will allow more kids to enjoy the benefits that the game provides.
If you have equipment you can donate, please schedule your donation at our Harleysville headquarters or our LA warehouse.
Official Entry Rules:
- To be entered to win the prize pack, donations must be made between 12:00 AM Eastern Time on Tuesday, September 1st and 11:59 PM EDT on Monday, November 30th.
- Equipment must be in usable condition. Usable is defined as meeting our safety standards for inclusion into our inventory (i.e. a helmet without padding would not be included).
- For shipped donations, equipment must be shipped prior to November 30th.
- For drop-off donations, all drop-offs MUST be scheduled at least 48 hours in advance, and must take place between September 1st and November 30th for eligibility. We are not able to accept walk-ins.
- For monetary donations, the donation must be at least $15. New Kids Club memberships ($25) that are secured during this timeframe are also eligible.