CHICAGO (Nov. 28, 2022) — This Giving Tuesday, Wilson® Baseball & Softball, DeMarini®, Louisville Slugger® and EvoShield® are partnering with four charitable organizations to make an impact on and off the field. On Nov. 29th, 2022, consumers will be able to earmark 33% of their purchase price as a charitable donation to one or all of four charitable organizations: Autism Speaks, the Muscular Dystrophy Association, Pitch in For Baseball & Softball, and Shriners Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia.
How the Donation works:
When checking out any qualified products on the Wilson baseball/softball family of brands’ sites, consumers will have the opportunity to select a charitable organization for the Wilson baseball/softball family of brands to donate to at no extra cost to the consumer. Consumers will have the option to make their donation to a single organization or have their donation divided amongst the four organizations. If the consumer does not select an organization, the donation will automatically be split evenly among the four organizations. The donation will consist of 33% of the purchase price of their items prior to taxes and shipping and handling costs.
What products are included:
- Any baseball or softball specific product purchased on com
- Any product purchased on demarini.com
- Any product purchased on slugger.com
- Any baseball or softball specific product purchased on evoshield.com
More about the charity partners:
- Autism Speaks works to increase advocacy and support for people with autism. With an estimated one in 44 children in the U.S. affected by autism, Autism Speaks is committed to achieving a world where all people with autism can reach their full potential.
- The Muscular Dystrophy Association (MDA) is the #1 voluntary health organization in the United States for people living with muscular dystrophy, ALS, and related neuromuscular diseases. For over 70 years, MDA has led the way in accelerating research, advancing care, and advocating for the support of our families. MDA’s mission is to empower the people we serve to live longer, more independent lives.
- Pitch in for Baseball & Softball collects new and gently used sporting equipment for children in need. Their mission is to eliminate equipment as a barrier to play for under-resourced children around the world by making donations to leagues, schools and organizations around the world who are most in need.
- Shriners Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia, for over 95 years, has provided specialty care to children with routine and rare orthopedic conditions, including fractures, sports injuries, scoliosis, and spinal cord injuries. All care and services are provided regardless of the families’ ability to pay or insurance status. Shriners Children’s Philadelphia is part of the Shriners Children’s health care system, which is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization and relies on the generosity of donors.
ABOUT WILSON SPORTING GOODS
Chicago-based Wilson Sporting Goods Co., a division of Amer Sports Corporation, is the largest baseball and softball equipment company in the world today. In these sports, Wilson manufactures high-performance gloves, bats, uniforms, apparel, protective gear, accessories and player-development equipment through its Wilson®, DeMarini®, Louisville Slugger®, EvoShield® and ATEC® brands. The company uses player insights to develop products that push equipment innovation into new territories and empower athletes at every level to perform at their best.